North-west of Yaremche, near-by the
mountain-skier resort of «Bukovel'», there is a village of Polyanicya
(sometimes name round Loaf of bead). Once a settlement was named
Polyanicya-popovichivska, as was the propert of man on the last name Popovich,
and Polyanicya, is considered the derivative name from polonin, that mountain «valley, which were
the propert of Popovicha». Other version of origin of the name marks the place
of settlement of «polyaniceyu» literally, that means the «scorched place». The first writing mention
about Polyanicyu was 1820.
At the beginning of ХХ item in a
village prince the Liechtenstein
purchased quite a bit estates and took a title on hunt. Afterwards he provided
funds on building of church which it was made off in 1912 years and timed
Introduction to the temple
of Presvyatoy Bogorodici
to the holiday. In 1946 year a church burned out. Only 1990 in a village erected a
new church which is also timed to the holiday of Introduction to the temple.
Near-by a new church there are burial places of austrian warriors which lay
down in fights during And world war.
Today Polyanicya is a village which
intensively develops from time of construction of mountain-skier resort of
«Bukovel'», in fact to the lifts on foot it is possible to come to everything
for 20 minutes. Here is a large assortment of services - feed, dwelling, lease
of ski equipment.